Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Lawn Boy!

What a nice break that was! Everyone came back today refreshed and ready to go (and a bit tired by the afternoon!)
 I have had a very hard time deciding what to read next. I think that as the year draws to a close I realize just how precious our read alouds are and the pressure is on! I decided to go with something short this week, Lawn Boy by Gary Paulsen. I know that he is an author they are sure to encounter throughout  their reading lives. This is a nice introduction to an incredible writer.
http://www.scholastic.com/teachers/contributor/gary-paulsen





Choose 15 of the following Outdoory/Spring Words:
  1. season
  2. fertilizer
  3. trampoline
  4. recreation
  5. allergies
  6. sprinkler
  7. gardening
  8. service
  9. lawn
  10. maintenance
  11. awakening
  12. blossom
  13. dandelion
  14. Titanic
  15. sunken
  16. anniversary
  17. survive
  18. survival
  19. survivor
  20. adventure

No comments: